Since the 7th of October of this year, with the sudden attack by the Al-Qassam Brigades, a faction of Hamas, has killed and captured hundreds of Israeli civilians and military personnel, including foreign children and women. The Israeli military machine retaliates by burning Gaza, with its innocent civilian population, who are held hostage due to the policies of Iran, Hamas, and the Islamic Jihad. These groups have been under Iran’s command for three decades after they rejected the peace agreement between Palestinians and Israelis, Arab initiatives, and even international agreements aimed at a two-state solution. This serves Iran’s expansionist agenda, turning the Palestinian cause into a tool to occupy one Arab capital after another, weakening some Arab regimes and toppling others. It has impacted countries such as Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, and Syria through its militias, resulting in the deaths of thousands and the displacement of millions after besieging cities, using explosive barrels, capturing women, and killing children – a situation unimaginable even in the ongoing events in Gaza.
Iran continues its attempts to destabilize and threaten the security of Arab Gulf countries, especially the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, and the Arab Republic of Egypt who are pioneer in industrial and scientific advancement and has become a leader in peace and stability against Iran’s destructive project, which sponsors and supports terrorism, extremism, and sectarianism.
Our Ahwazi people have suffered various systematic crimes by Iranian occupation and its policies since April 20, 1925, violating international laws to impose their reality through aggressive policies of suppression, killing, kidnapping, forced displacement, demographic changes, and starvation policies. These have resulted in drying up all Ahwazi rivers and distributing destructive drugs for mass killings and the widespread migration of Ahwazi people to Iranian cities.
Our people fully understand what is currently happening in Gaza due to the ongoing war since October 7th, where innocent civilians and the vulnerable are dying due to the lack of a solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Iran’s terrorist militias and its criminal adventures are being paid for by the Palestinian and Israeli peoples, the people of the region, the Palestinian Liberation Organization, and the sister Arab states, as well as the regional and international world. This benefits Iranian agendas. Therefore, the Ahwazi Democratic Popular Front, from a national, nationalist, and humanitarian standpoint, asserts the following:
- Firstly, the Ahwazi Democratic Popular Front calls for an immediate ceasefire and strongly condemns the targeting of civilians, using them as human shields, and demands respect for international humanitarian law. It also calls for the supervision of the passage of humanitarian and medical supplies under the auspices of international organizations to reach civilians.
- Secondly, the Ahwazi Democratic Popular Front emphasizes the two-state solution and the right of the Palestinian people to an independent state, in accordance with international resolutions, initiatives, and bilateral agreements between the Palestinian Authority and Israel, as a final solution to the ongoing conflicts and to stabilize regional security and peace.
- Thirdly, we hold the expansionist terrorist Iranian authorities, its proxies, and its terrorist militias accountable for exploiting the Palestinian issue and its suffering for their destabilizing projects, not only in Palestine and Israel but also in the region and even European countries, such as Ukraine. Their actions have led to the killing of hundreds of thousands and the displacement of millions, and this will only stop when the head of the snake in Iran, the enemy of humanity, is cut off, as it continues to kill children, women, and civilians daily in Iran’s political geography, especially in the occupied territories of non-Persian peoples like the Arab Ahwazi people, the Southern Azerbaijani people, the Kurdish and Turkmen people, and even the free Persian people. The world should not forget the heinous crimes committed by Iranian terrorist militias in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon.
- Fourthly, we greatly appreciate the efforts of the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, and all Arab countries that have stood strongly to stop the war and violence, prevent the displacement of Palestinians, and deliver humanitarian aid to the affected and injured.
- Fifthly, we highly commend the position of President Abbas, Abu Mazen, for his clear stance in defending the rights of the Palestinian people and his responsible approach to stopping the bloodshed of Palestinians by renouncing violence and extremism.
We call on the international community, especially regional countries working against terrorism, extremism, and sectarianism funded by the Iranian terrorist regime for the past four decades, to act decisively to halt the state terrorism of Iran, and its militias, and to strongly confront Iran’s crimes by providing clear, immediate, and effective support to oppressed and occupied peoples by the Iranian regime, suffering from organized terrorism carried out by Iranian authorities for decades. Thousands of innocent people, freedom fighters, and humanitarian activists have fallen victim to these crimes.
The Ahwazi Democratic Popular Front
October 21, 2023